Do you want to know how to borrow money in GCash?
Gcash is one of the famous online wallet and payment gateway in the Philippines.
Now, Gcash has a credit-like system called Gcredit wherein eligible users will be given a credit limit they can spend on shopping and other payment stuffs.
This feature functions similarly to credit cards and other online payment systems. Customers will be given a credit limit once the service is activated.
Table of Contents
Procedures for Borrowing Money
- The status of your GCash account must be Fully Verified.
- Check if you “Gscore” is now eligible for the activation of Gcredit.
- If not, keep using Gcash when paying bills, saving money, and sending remittances. This will increase your Gscore.
Note: There is no fixed Gscore rating to activate your Gcredit.
How to Set Up a Gcredit Account
- Once your account has been Fully Verified, tap the MyLinked Accounts button on the left menu.
- To proceed, select and press the GCredit icon.
- You will receive all the confirmation on your registered email address.
- For the next step, press the PROCEED button.
- Double check your information and ensure that all details are correct. To proceed, click the button “Next”
- Fill in the blanks with the rest of the application’s information. Once finished, click the NEXT button.
- Make sure to read all the GCredit Terms and Conditions. Once you’ve receive a notification on your email address associated with Gcash, it only means that your application request is successful.
Interest fees for GCredit are calculated based on the number of days you borrowed a specific amount, which means that if you will pay ahead of time, the lower your interest dues.
Interest charges will begin the day after you made a GCredit transaction and will be calculated based on the number of days you borrowed.
If you paid your GCredit dues on the same day as your transaction, there will be no interest charges.
- Interest rates range from 1% to 7%, depending on your GScore. Late fees will also be added on your interest rate, so make sure to pay bills on time.
- The number of Days Borrowed is the number of days between your transaction and the day you paid back the borrowed amount.
How to repay the loan?
Paying your loans made easy, you have three options for paying your GCredit fees.
Choose the option that is most convenient for you:
- Use the GCash App to make a payment.
- Use the GCredit Auto-Deduct feature to pay.
- Make a payment through one of the GCash payment partners.
- You can also cash in to your Gcash account via money transfer from your bank or savings account.
How to Borrow Money in GCash – Bottomline
Gcredit is good if you want to purchase something that is really important but short from cash.
It is said to be the modern and virtual credit card of the generation.
Read these next: