Did you accidentally send money to the wrong GCash account? Don’t worry, it happens to a lot of users.
Here’s how to solve it.
Can I get my money back if sent to the wrong account?
The answer is, it depends. If you have sent the money to an account which is:
- Not registered to GCash or not a GCash user
- If only one digit is wrong
- If the receiver has not withdrawn, used, or transferred the money yet
Then the GCash admins will accommodate your request to refund the amount back to your account.
How do I recover money sent to the wrong number?
If in case you have sent or transferred money to the wrong GCash number, here is what you can do:
- Report the matter to GCash and fill out the necessary details in order to refund your money (again, this is subject to the conditions mentioned above), and
- Contact the wrong recipient and ask for your money back. Although this has a 50-50 chance of working, you can still try if you want to gain your money back immediately.
How do I report wrong send GCash?
Here is how you can report to GCash that you have sent money to the wrong account or user:
Submit a ticket to GCash and prepare the following details:
- Send Money – Wrong Recipient
- The details of your concern (make sure to elaborate what happened thoroughly)
- Your full name (as it appears in your GCash account)
- Your mobile number (the one you used to register on GCash)
- Date and time of the wrong transaction
- The mobile number you accidentally sent money to
- The mobile number you were supposed to send money to
- Amount sent
- Reference ID or Trace ID (from your SMS or the message that GCash sends confirming that you have sent money to another user)
- Screenshots of the transaction (this is optional, but it would be best if you attach this too to better support your claim)
To send a ticket in GCash, you just need to open your GCash app > Profile > Help > Submit a Ticket.
A GCash representative will get back to you within 24 business hours after you have sent your inquiry to them. Make sure to monitor your e-mails.
Can I refund load from GCash?
Unfortunately, GCash has no way of reversing any load transactions made.
Here are some steps you can take in order to make sure that you will not be sending load to the wrong person or that you will not be inputting the wrong amount:
- Double-check the mobile number you will input in the field required by GCash to ensure that you will be sending the load to the right person.
- As much as possible, save the contact number of the person on your contacts after having them double-check it. This is to avoid typing the wrong number on the field because you will be selecting it from your contacts instead.
- Make sure that the internet connection in your area is stable to avoid double-sending a load transaction.
These are only some of the guidelines you can follow if in case you sent money or load to the wrong user.
If you need more help and assistance, do not hesitate to contact the GCash team or send them a ticket to report the problems you have encountered while using the app.
GCash Wrong Send – Conclusion
Now that you know what to do when you accidentally send money to the wrong GCash number, you need to be more careful in the future.
Share this post with your friends and family members that have the same problems as well!