Coins.ph is a mobile wallet providing convenience to over 10 million customers in the Philippines. The virtual wallet is free, safe to used and regulated by the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP).
Founded in 2014, coins.ph offers its users to conveniently make financial transactions online to buy load, pay bills, send money, buy game credits, and trade digital currency without a bank account.
If you are new to coins.ph, don’t worry, for we gathered helpful information on how to verify coins.ph account.
We got you covered whether you are about to register an account or have trouble with the verification process.
Furthermore, if you are still a minor, you can also register an account by just following the how to verify coins.ph account for minors on coins.ph website.
To get started, keep on reading to verify your coins.ph account easily.
Tips for Successful Account Verification
If you are wondering how to verify your coins.ph account without too much hassle, follow the listed tips below to verify your account successfully.
- Take a clear, readable, and complete photo of the documents needed for verification. This is to avoid your request getting rejected due to blurred images, unreadable parts due to low lighting, or due to the camera’s flash.
- To avoid your request getting rejected, make sure only to submit the required valid IDs and documents.
- In addition, when applying for coins.ph account, it is essential that you have a stable internet connection not to get lost in the middle of the process.
- Submit images below 20 MB and be in JPG, PNG format, or PDF file.
- Last but not least, make sure that the documents you submitted are yours.
Account ID and Selfie Verification
Coins.ph verification process duration for ID and Address is within three business days.
Once your request for an account has been granted, coins.ph also encourages users to verify their ID and selfie to enjoy the mobile wallet services at their full extent for level 2 users.
To verify your ID and Selfie, follow the guide below.
Verify via Coins.ph App
Account ID Verification
- To verify your ID, launch the coins.ph app, select Limits and Verification, and then select the Identity Verification button.
- Fill up the general information, including gender, place of birth, SSS, GSIS, or TIN ID number (If available).
- Select your employment status and industry of work.
- Choose one valid Government ID on the options, and fill out the ID number for verification.
- Upload a clear photo of the ID you have chosen, check if the file meets the requirements, and then click the Submit button.
- To verify your selfie, click the Selfie Verification button on the coins.ph app.
- Take a clear photo of yourself through the Coins.ph app while holding your valid Government ID.
Afterward, you will receive a notification once your request for verification is being processed.
Verify via Coins.ph Website
Account ID Verification
- To verify your ID via Coins.ph website, select the icon with your name on the upper right corner of your screen, and then click Limits and Verification.
- You will then be redirected to the Identity Verification page. Click the Verify Now button.
- Fill up your details and source of funds
- Choose ID type, and upload a clear photo of your chosen valid ID.
- To verify your selfie via Coins.ph website, click Selfie Verification, and then select the Verify Now button. A guide will be provided on how to take a selfie properly
- Allow coins.ph website to utilize your device camera, click OK, and then take a selfie through coins.ph website.
Accepted ID’s to verify coins.ph
To successfully verify your coins.ph account, we gather the ID’s accepted for verification, including:
- Driver’s License (including Student Permits with official receipt)
- Social Security System (SSS) Card (date of birth must be visible on the ID)
- Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) ID
- Postal ID (old postal IDs must have a photo of both front and back)
- Unified Multi-Purpose ID (UMID)
- Philippine Identification System (PhilSys) ID
- National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) Clearance
- Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) ID
- Philippine National Police (PNP) ID
- Bureau of Fire Protection ID
- Certification from the National Council for the Welfare of Disabled Persons (NCWDP)
- Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) Certification
- OFW ID
- Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) ID
- Police Clearance Certificate or Police Clearance Card
- Seaman’s Books
- National Integrated Bar of the Philippines ID
- Alien Certification of Registration or Immigrant Certificate of Registration
If you are a foreigner or know someone who would like to utilize coins.ph for either personal or business purposes, submit an international passport for verification.
For married individuals or those who have changed their names, submit supporting documents like a marriage certificate or birth certificate for ID verification.
In addition, minors ages 14 to 17 years old would like to use coins.
Upon completion of the Parental Consent Form, ph may do so to proceed with the verification process and may only submit a school ID, passport, and DSWD Travel Clearance.